Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer Bash #3


Summer is almost over, and as usual, three weeks before the end, I wonder where it's all gone. So many empty hours that I wish I could account for. So many things I would do, or do different, if the clock were kind enough to turn back to May.


But hey, even the weirdest, haziest, most confused and confusing summer has its soundtrack. That's the great thing about music. David Crosby agrees.


So there you have it: weird, hazy, confused and confusing songs, in a mix that makes no sense. Compiling it on a patio in Africa with malarial mosquitos dive-bombing my computer screen was definitely a fun summer memory.


And the more I listen to it, the more I think I'm going to enjoy the few sunny and lazy days I have left. It's like magic!


1. Avi Buffalo - The Truth Sets In (Avi Buffalo, Sub Pop 2010)

2. Candy Claws - Sunbeam Show (Hidden Lands, Twosyllable 2010)

3. Cut Copy - Where I'm Going (upcoming album?)

4. Best Coast - Bratty B (Crazy for You, Mexican Summer 2010)

5. Sunglasses - Whiplash (unknown)

6. El Guincho - Cuerpo sin Alma (Piratas de Sudamérica, vol. 1, Young Turks 2010)

7. Cults - Oh My God (Forest Family Singles, 2010)

8. Tame Impala - Desire Be Desire Go (Innerspeaker, Modular 2010)

9. Keepaway - Yellow Wings (Baby Style EP, Lefse 2010)

10. Pepepiano - No Way (Altered Zones)

11. HEALTH - Before Tigers (CFCF Remix) (DISCO2, Lovepump United/City Slang 2010)

12. Lemonade - Lifted (Le Chev Remix) (Lifted Single, True Panther 2010)

13. Dominant Legs - Clawing Out at the Walls (Altered Zones)

14. Pearl Harbor - Luv Goon (Something about the Chaparrals EP, Mexican Summer 2009)

15. Deerhunter - Primitive 3D (Revival 7", 4AD 2010)

16. Magic Kids - Summer (Memphis, True Panther 2010)

17. David Crosby - Music is Love (If I Could Only Remember my Name, Rhino Atlantic 1971)


... (File Removed WITHOUT REQUEST - Sorry)


FC


1 comment: