Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The utensil for a hole in the ground

What is Pitchfork worth?

Probably not much. Sure, I'll try reading whatever they throw at me, but that's mostly because I'll already have looked at anything new on Allmusic, went through all the usual blogs and spent a while looking at babies with laser eyesdogs with glasses and allmighty xkcd, but still didn't want to work.

A secondary reason to check Pitchfork is that they have a web designer that kind of knows what he's doing. Some organization decision are arguable, but my general impression is that it's probably the music review website that's the most nicely done. Not great, but compared to some other websites with god-awful loading times or murkiness, I can live with it.


No, mostly, the best argument for Pitchfork is Mark Richardson, their managing editor. So what if he gave a 9.6 to Merriweather Post Pavillion, his Resonant Frequency column keeps on making very interesting points, if not making my head explode in awe. I don't necessarily agree with him or share his music tastes (very far from that), which moves him from the status of interesting to fiendishly wicked journalist.
Anyways, stop reading my boring opinion and make your own mind about Richardson:

Resonant Frequency

A good one

Mr. Richardson's Blog

Remember the Lion? He -would- like an ice cream.

JNCT

... 

No comments:

Post a Comment